If you log in to your WordPress dashboard, are you seeing a clean white display screen, with solely the dashboard menu gadgets on the left hand aspect?
Attainable Trigger: Your internet hosting firm could have not too long ago upgraded to the newest PHP model.
Contributing trigger: It’s possible you’ll be operating a model of WordPress that has not been up to date in a very long time, maybe greater than a 12 months or two.
To repair it, strive the method outlined beneath.
IMPORTANT: In an effort to use these steps, you will need to have FTP entry to your web site. It’s extremely really helpful that you’ve got a backup copy of your web site downloaded to your laptop earlier than starting this course of. Our backup plugin of selection is Backup Buddy. We’ve included the backup process within the steps beneath:
Listed here are the final steps we now have efficiently used on a number of events to resolve the difficulty:
- Log into your WordPress dashboard in an effort to view the clean display screen.
- Log in to your web site by way of FTP.
- Change the title of your htaccess file to x-htaccess. (We are going to change it again later)
- Refresh the browser window the place you considered the clean display screen. It ought to now not be clean. (Your web site could not operate correctly at this level. Often the house web page works fantastic, however the inner pages do not.)
- Buy the Backup Buddy plugin from iThemes. When you already personal it and have a dependable backup in your laptop, skip to step 10.
- Set up the Backup Buddy plugin by importing the “backupbuddy” folder into your WordPress plugins folder through FTP. (The plugins folder location is: /wp-content/plugins)
- In your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the plugins folder and activate the Backup Buddy plugin.
- As soon as activated, click on BackupBuddy/Backup (backside left of your WordPress dashboard).
- Backup and obtain a zipper copy of your “Full Backup” (not Database solely) to your laptop desktop.
- Improve to the newest model of WordPress (with the arrogance of realizing you might have a backup.)
- Together with your FTP program, rename the x-htaccess file again to htaccess.
It’s best to now have the ability to view your total WP dashboard. You will have a high quality backup of your web site and your web site ought to be functioning correctly.
We’ve efficiently used this course of quite a few occasions. In case your web site or dashboard nonetheless doesn’t operate correctly, restore it along with your backup copy and proceed to diagnose the issue.
Your internet hosting firm’s technical help crew must also be supply of data.